Skip to main content

Mom's Day!

OK, I'm finally prepared for Mom's Day 2007! I'm always caught unawares la... despite all the advertising going on - haha~ i mean, other than Aileen (who memorizes ad jingles for goodness' sakes), we all zonk out during ads right? RIGHT??? Xp
But I decided that this week shall be Mother's Week! =D
To do's for me mom:
1. do the ironing voluntarily so she'll think she stepped into the wrong house
2. wake up by myself (ok, this is more of a long-term goal)
3 wake up to relieve mom of breakfast duties ><
4. be upbeat and positive, be the best I can be, be responsible for my own emotional health so I can contribute to the family atmosphere =D
5. kiss her
6. hugs
7. Dinner on the kids!
8. Present (still pondering what to buy...T.T'')
9. Clean up around the place
10 Have QUALITY TIME instead of QUANTITY time to argue and make each other unhappy ><
Hmm.. was thinking about time management today while running at the park (tip: just hurry up get off your backsides n get out the door b4 ur mind registers it!). Actually, what with church esp, sometimes there are so many things on our schedules tt benefits us and is what we wanna do (like reading reading reading for me!><). But it's really what my dad says: just think of all the things you have to do, rearrange them by your priorities, & just get started! I'll like to add to that a GOOD attitude!
I'm glad i can say this cos I actually tried it: u can feel lower than floor dirt anyday, you don't need to make an effort to, but if you just try (depends on how bad you want it) to think positive, believe in God, give people's intentions the benefit of the doubt - you'll find you are blessed. Don't get involved in the race to be the world's most unlucky person la! ><

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

on mountains and perspective

Kept awake by a bout of traveler's diarrhea and the ensuing abdominal colic. Just been back from an attempt at Mount Kinabalu, 'highest mountain in Southeast Asia'. Okay, those apostrophes are there out of bitterness... it really is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia. And I couldn't even attempt the summit. Made it to the base camp at 3067 m though... that's what it says on my black-and-white certificate - colored ones are only for successful summit-ers.  Crrr! But I made it back with my life. And I'm humbler for the attempt, though how could I resist the parting shot: "I'll be back!"? But on a more serious note, it's an awesome thing, a beautiful gift to be able to get out there into as natural a surrounding you can get (without dying a slow tv-less death from cold, altitude sickness, projectile vomit and did I mention cold?). It truly seems like one never can be happy - despite all my first-world comforts, I'd gladly pay to painf...

cut the hair!

Need to cut my hair before CNY! ;) been getting really unruly these days - can recall my last hairstylist's scandalized look when I told him i haven't gone to a salon for 3 months! XD Lol.. Polling the audience! XD (give me a hand here!) #1 Lol... dun have her neck. OR the length of hair come to think of it. #2 Sweet~! I love the layered back! Haha.. #3 Top of the list i think... ;D though to achieve the LOOK would mean plastic surgery. #4 Hmm.. difficult to reproduce it like everyday - PLUS have to think of my rate of hair growth (T.T) #5 LOL... I would love this haircut but it's a bit spur-of-the-moment thingy! XD Cheers!

RAVE POST

So many things to thank God for! Sometimes during CG though, i'll be like, eh i know i have something to share but what(?!?!) during testimony time. Lol.. ok, just a list cos it's 0133 and there's church this morning (YEA!) so a bit 'seh~' (my new word =D) 1. God as in, not in the 'ya must put God first in everything so yea, here it is, evidence. gr.' but really, this year's emerge, with Pst's Sermon on the Mount series preparing the way, it really did it. And the fact that God pursues us with His love, even surrounding non-believers with his common grace, so that whether most believe in God or not they will still be able to live life successfully. The evidence is all there. Forgot to pray? yea, but He still shows up. I finally feel like I'm starting to see colors, breathe fresher air, move more freely.. and like the song; Better than the riches of this world, Better than the sound of my friends' voices, Better than the biggest dreams of my h...