Skip to main content

The Phil 4:6 Post

What puts a smile on my face:

remembering Emerge'07 and the awesome experience

people that rank 10 on the make-me-smile-meter (in no order of importance): Lil Sharon, Esther Lam, Peannette (Peanut's and my sister), My mom who's hopping abt reliving her old chapteh-champion days, the Kang Twins, Sheryl, Ber! and lots of ppl i know i'm forgetting at the moment..

toddlers nodding off, downy heads bobbing off to the side as they perch on those seats at the back of bicycles so common in Pasir Ris!

A.R. Bernard

Phil Pringle's podcasts

the idea of SALE!

lunch dates w ppl in school *hint hint

a good book (and the rarity of such treasures guarantees a grin with lasting effects for up to a week)

nice green things

being out at the park

the thought of ALL of my cousins, n my 1 nephew

going home after a LOOOOnnngggGG day at school (specifically the three-almost-back-to-back-tutorials on Thurs)

My Math lecturer who makes such an effort to reiterate the points and make sure we get it. Thanks to his explanations and webcasts, I get Fri off and still get math! =D

home clothes

cats' paws ( i mean, c'mon, their EYES may be creepy, but give their paws some credit!)

dad's announcement of the menu for Dinner so we have something to look forward to!

Weekly chats with Miss Chue!

waking up with the sunrise over my window

the idea of plain paper and a pencil

sitting down for a movie w my family

good news about Sun

meaningful lyrics

compliments (very human don't u think? hehehe)

finding out about long-lost friends eg. Deborah Teh, shoutout to her!

=) the idea tt praying is v simply talking to God, yes, it does make it easier

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

on mountains and perspective

Kept awake by a bout of traveler's diarrhea and the ensuing abdominal colic. Just been back from an attempt at Mount Kinabalu, 'highest mountain in Southeast Asia'. Okay, those apostrophes are there out of bitterness... it really is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia. And I couldn't even attempt the summit. Made it to the base camp at 3067 m though... that's what it says on my black-and-white certificate - colored ones are only for successful summit-ers.  Crrr! But I made it back with my life. And I'm humbler for the attempt, though how could I resist the parting shot: "I'll be back!"? But on a more serious note, it's an awesome thing, a beautiful gift to be able to get out there into as natural a surrounding you can get (without dying a slow tv-less death from cold, altitude sickness, projectile vomit and did I mention cold?). It truly seems like one never can be happy - despite all my first-world comforts, I'd gladly pay to painf...

cut the hair!

Need to cut my hair before CNY! ;) been getting really unruly these days - can recall my last hairstylist's scandalized look when I told him i haven't gone to a salon for 3 months! XD Lol.. Polling the audience! XD (give me a hand here!) #1 Lol... dun have her neck. OR the length of hair come to think of it. #2 Sweet~! I love the layered back! Haha.. #3 Top of the list i think... ;D though to achieve the LOOK would mean plastic surgery. #4 Hmm.. difficult to reproduce it like everyday - PLUS have to think of my rate of hair growth (T.T) #5 LOL... I would love this haircut but it's a bit spur-of-the-moment thingy! XD Cheers!

RAVE POST

So many things to thank God for! Sometimes during CG though, i'll be like, eh i know i have something to share but what(?!?!) during testimony time. Lol.. ok, just a list cos it's 0133 and there's church this morning (YEA!) so a bit 'seh~' (my new word =D) 1. God as in, not in the 'ya must put God first in everything so yea, here it is, evidence. gr.' but really, this year's emerge, with Pst's Sermon on the Mount series preparing the way, it really did it. And the fact that God pursues us with His love, even surrounding non-believers with his common grace, so that whether most believe in God or not they will still be able to live life successfully. The evidence is all there. Forgot to pray? yea, but He still shows up. I finally feel like I'm starting to see colors, breathe fresher air, move more freely.. and like the song; Better than the riches of this world, Better than the sound of my friends' voices, Better than the biggest dreams of my h...