Skip to main content
just a thought, what does the individual consist of?

mind
- intellect
- knowledge, wisdom

heart
- imagination
- hopes, desires, dreams
- emotion
- sexuality
- ego

spirit
- will, determination, strength to finish through a decision, conviction
- passion (I don't think passion is an emotion is it?)
- morals, values
- instinctual knowledge

Integrity: when there is a thread wound through these disparate parts, holding us together and lining us up so that we can be people like that described in 2 Corinthians 9:13, able to glorify God for the obedience of your confession to the gospel of Christ, meaning basically that we are able to live a life that flows from our beliefs, and that doesn't contradict what we say we believe.

--> having godly passion for our loved ones and our other-half
being able to school our emotions with our convictions
living by morals despite of what others may try to teach you
being able to enjoy good, clean fun because you are transparent in your motives

Someone once called me idealistic. I'd prefer that. I wouldn't want to mistake wisdom for cynicism. If I allowed the tragedies and 'truths' of this world rob my joy, and complicate what is actually simple, I suffer and cause people around me to lose their joy. And there's nothing wrong with living life sticking to one conviction, one way, one truth.

True, sometimes people use religion as a convenient way to stop thinking critically.
'I didn't know this was wrong because they didn't teach me that.'
True, sometimes people use religion as a quick way to get answers to their problems.
'Don't waste time telling me to become, just tell me what to do.'
True, we all fall into that once, twice, thrice, trying to find our way. But then, wander around in this 'religion' long enough, and you may find that relationship you were searching for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

on mountains and perspective

Kept awake by a bout of traveler's diarrhea and the ensuing abdominal colic. Just been back from an attempt at Mount Kinabalu, 'highest mountain in Southeast Asia'. Okay, those apostrophes are there out of bitterness... it really is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia. And I couldn't even attempt the summit. Made it to the base camp at 3067 m though... that's what it says on my black-and-white certificate - colored ones are only for successful summit-ers.  Crrr! But I made it back with my life. And I'm humbler for the attempt, though how could I resist the parting shot: "I'll be back!"? But on a more serious note, it's an awesome thing, a beautiful gift to be able to get out there into as natural a surrounding you can get (without dying a slow tv-less death from cold, altitude sickness, projectile vomit and did I mention cold?). It truly seems like one never can be happy - despite all my first-world comforts, I'd gladly pay to painf...

cut the hair!

Need to cut my hair before CNY! ;) been getting really unruly these days - can recall my last hairstylist's scandalized look when I told him i haven't gone to a salon for 3 months! XD Lol.. Polling the audience! XD (give me a hand here!) #1 Lol... dun have her neck. OR the length of hair come to think of it. #2 Sweet~! I love the layered back! Haha.. #3 Top of the list i think... ;D though to achieve the LOOK would mean plastic surgery. #4 Hmm.. difficult to reproduce it like everyday - PLUS have to think of my rate of hair growth (T.T) #5 LOL... I would love this haircut but it's a bit spur-of-the-moment thingy! XD Cheers!

RAVE POST

So many things to thank God for! Sometimes during CG though, i'll be like, eh i know i have something to share but what(?!?!) during testimony time. Lol.. ok, just a list cos it's 0133 and there's church this morning (YEA!) so a bit 'seh~' (my new word =D) 1. God as in, not in the 'ya must put God first in everything so yea, here it is, evidence. gr.' but really, this year's emerge, with Pst's Sermon on the Mount series preparing the way, it really did it. And the fact that God pursues us with His love, even surrounding non-believers with his common grace, so that whether most believe in God or not they will still be able to live life successfully. The evidence is all there. Forgot to pray? yea, but He still shows up. I finally feel like I'm starting to see colors, breathe fresher air, move more freely.. and like the song; Better than the riches of this world, Better than the sound of my friends' voices, Better than the biggest dreams of my h...