Skip to main content

Sickness begone!

Right when there's a hundred and one things to do,
Right when you're already scheduled for work,
Right when you've appointments and assignments,
Right when you've plans to buy stuff,
Right when you've plans to hang out,
Right when you're excited about all the above,
i think that's when you get sick.

i dunno if i've gotten the cause and effect thing the right way around. but came back from Kedah with a worsening cough. Lol... MUST relate what happened this morning, in the A.M. after work, when I was trying to catch up on my second assignment "Good Morning, Holy Spirit" by Benny Hinn.

I was lying on my stomach over the edge of my bed and reading...ok, then naturally i fell asleep.
*grr. The next thing i know, Jean's shaking me awake and saying, "you're bleeding you're bleeding!" I look down and I'm dripping orange-red liquid from my nose. HAHAHA~ I'm not laughing at that, i'm laughing at your reactions! XD

Ok, it was only supposedly a drop or two, then i lifted up my book and the floor was covered. I was seriously too tired to care what was happening, though a part of me was like "wow, what's that about?" and another just accepted that, "oh no, i'm bleeding." This incident thereby cancelled every single thing planned for the next day, specifically, SOT, Hanging out & getting presents, Taking over Syaheed's M2 shift-cum-be present to contribute to partner enthusiast team. T.T

Zonked out for the rest of the morning den went to the doctor - Cool! I've got sinus infection!** I thought sinus was for all those Singaporeans with weirdly, unSingaporean noses. But yeah, think it was the whole weather thingy, esp the bathing in cold water in cold weather in Kedah. Still, thank God cos my mom's only got flu and she's like worse off than me - coughing till her body aching. Yeah, so just need to rest up and try to get things done as much as i can so things don't start piling up!

Haha... thinking about it, this year's pretty packed. There isn't holiday at all! But still don't regret SOT. My mom was just talking about passion. Passion being shown in that we pursue what we love. I'm glad that though I could have pursued other things like an education route that would have taken me overseas, to experience more of life etc., but that I feel I'm right where I am, pursuing God.

** When your nose (either nostril) gets stuffed up, and there's lots of mucus being produced that doesn't necessarily flow out. Plus either cheek starts to experience a bone ache. Plus orangey or yellow mucus - that's when you've got sinus infection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

on mountains and perspective

Kept awake by a bout of traveler's diarrhea and the ensuing abdominal colic. Just been back from an attempt at Mount Kinabalu, 'highest mountain in Southeast Asia'. Okay, those apostrophes are there out of bitterness... it really is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia. And I couldn't even attempt the summit. Made it to the base camp at 3067 m though... that's what it says on my black-and-white certificate - colored ones are only for successful summit-ers.  Crrr! But I made it back with my life. And I'm humbler for the attempt, though how could I resist the parting shot: "I'll be back!"? But on a more serious note, it's an awesome thing, a beautiful gift to be able to get out there into as natural a surrounding you can get (without dying a slow tv-less death from cold, altitude sickness, projectile vomit and did I mention cold?). It truly seems like one never can be happy - despite all my first-world comforts, I'd gladly pay to painf...

cut the hair!

Need to cut my hair before CNY! ;) been getting really unruly these days - can recall my last hairstylist's scandalized look when I told him i haven't gone to a salon for 3 months! XD Lol.. Polling the audience! XD (give me a hand here!) #1 Lol... dun have her neck. OR the length of hair come to think of it. #2 Sweet~! I love the layered back! Haha.. #3 Top of the list i think... ;D though to achieve the LOOK would mean plastic surgery. #4 Hmm.. difficult to reproduce it like everyday - PLUS have to think of my rate of hair growth (T.T) #5 LOL... I would love this haircut but it's a bit spur-of-the-moment thingy! XD Cheers!

RAVE POST

So many things to thank God for! Sometimes during CG though, i'll be like, eh i know i have something to share but what(?!?!) during testimony time. Lol.. ok, just a list cos it's 0133 and there's church this morning (YEA!) so a bit 'seh~' (my new word =D) 1. God as in, not in the 'ya must put God first in everything so yea, here it is, evidence. gr.' but really, this year's emerge, with Pst's Sermon on the Mount series preparing the way, it really did it. And the fact that God pursues us with His love, even surrounding non-believers with his common grace, so that whether most believe in God or not they will still be able to live life successfully. The evidence is all there. Forgot to pray? yea, but He still shows up. I finally feel like I'm starting to see colors, breathe fresher air, move more freely.. and like the song; Better than the riches of this world, Better than the sound of my friends' voices, Better than the biggest dreams of my h...