Skip to main content

Tension

Freedom isn't freedom till there is the freedom to make mistakes. - Mahatma Gandhi

Here I am at 3.16 am on a Thursday morning, with a pile of books beside me, and class starting at 9 am tomorrow. Wow - I'm quite happy that I've finally got the motivation to get started. Seriously, think the ranting-cum-laughing I had just now w the gals and bear really helped. Sometimes, despite the busy schedule, it really helps to do the things that are important to you. Even if it might mean less sleep and studying into the night - like now.

Think God is really dealing with my past issues. It really is necessary to KNOW what's the purpose of going through tough stuff, periods, situations - especially during times when you really need to be at your optimal. When people left, right, centre, are demanding from you to perform for them at the standards they demand, more often than not without placing your welfare into the equation, you need to FIND OUT from God what stuff He's doing in you.

Relax. Sometimes it's not a bad attitude. God is often beyond asking why you're thinking negatively, being depressed, instead of being the enthusiastic go-getter you're 'expected' to be. More often than not, He's healing the area in your life that produced the cynicism, the unbelief, and whatever shutdown that exists.

I follow because He believes in me. And His burden is light. If I give Him mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

on mountains and perspective

Kept awake by a bout of traveler's diarrhea and the ensuing abdominal colic. Just been back from an attempt at Mount Kinabalu, 'highest mountain in Southeast Asia'. Okay, those apostrophes are there out of bitterness... it really is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia. And I couldn't even attempt the summit. Made it to the base camp at 3067 m though... that's what it says on my black-and-white certificate - colored ones are only for successful summit-ers.  Crrr! But I made it back with my life. And I'm humbler for the attempt, though how could I resist the parting shot: "I'll be back!"? But on a more serious note, it's an awesome thing, a beautiful gift to be able to get out there into as natural a surrounding you can get (without dying a slow tv-less death from cold, altitude sickness, projectile vomit and did I mention cold?). It truly seems like one never can be happy - despite all my first-world comforts, I'd gladly pay to painf...

cut the hair!

Need to cut my hair before CNY! ;) been getting really unruly these days - can recall my last hairstylist's scandalized look when I told him i haven't gone to a salon for 3 months! XD Lol.. Polling the audience! XD (give me a hand here!) #1 Lol... dun have her neck. OR the length of hair come to think of it. #2 Sweet~! I love the layered back! Haha.. #3 Top of the list i think... ;D though to achieve the LOOK would mean plastic surgery. #4 Hmm.. difficult to reproduce it like everyday - PLUS have to think of my rate of hair growth (T.T) #5 LOL... I would love this haircut but it's a bit spur-of-the-moment thingy! XD Cheers!

RAVE POST

So many things to thank God for! Sometimes during CG though, i'll be like, eh i know i have something to share but what(?!?!) during testimony time. Lol.. ok, just a list cos it's 0133 and there's church this morning (YEA!) so a bit 'seh~' (my new word =D) 1. God as in, not in the 'ya must put God first in everything so yea, here it is, evidence. gr.' but really, this year's emerge, with Pst's Sermon on the Mount series preparing the way, it really did it. And the fact that God pursues us with His love, even surrounding non-believers with his common grace, so that whether most believe in God or not they will still be able to live life successfully. The evidence is all there. Forgot to pray? yea, but He still shows up. I finally feel like I'm starting to see colors, breathe fresher air, move more freely.. and like the song; Better than the riches of this world, Better than the sound of my friends' voices, Better than the biggest dreams of my h...