Skip to main content

resolve



"For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you." - Paul, in Romans 12:3

I've been beating myself up a lot lately. Gotta admit that I deserve my grades for my cavalier attitude towards my studies... though I can't say that I regret sacrificing the time for things I believe in.

But judgment has got to be balanced with faith. These past few days, I forgot what it felt like to believe. I don't want to get jaded, or feel like I need to do things I don't believe in just to survive and get ahead of others. Sometimes feeling foolish is the price to pay for committing to what you believe in...

"The more men have to lose, the less willing are they to venture. The rich are in general slaves to fear..." - Thomas Paine, in Common Sense.

I gotta keep remembering, where I came from, and not hold so tightly to things. What is reputation compared to a clean conscience? In the end, I really have nothing to lose except being able to live with myself.

"It's better to regret what you have done, than what you haven't." - Paul Arden

Yup, wisdom in the multitude of counsellors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

on mountains and perspective

Kept awake by a bout of traveler's diarrhea and the ensuing abdominal colic. Just been back from an attempt at Mount Kinabalu, 'highest mountain in Southeast Asia'. Okay, those apostrophes are there out of bitterness... it really is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia. And I couldn't even attempt the summit. Made it to the base camp at 3067 m though... that's what it says on my black-and-white certificate - colored ones are only for successful summit-ers.  Crrr! But I made it back with my life. And I'm humbler for the attempt, though how could I resist the parting shot: "I'll be back!"? But on a more serious note, it's an awesome thing, a beautiful gift to be able to get out there into as natural a surrounding you can get (without dying a slow tv-less death from cold, altitude sickness, projectile vomit and did I mention cold?). It truly seems like one never can be happy - despite all my first-world comforts, I'd gladly pay to painf...

cut the hair!

Need to cut my hair before CNY! ;) been getting really unruly these days - can recall my last hairstylist's scandalized look when I told him i haven't gone to a salon for 3 months! XD Lol.. Polling the audience! XD (give me a hand here!) #1 Lol... dun have her neck. OR the length of hair come to think of it. #2 Sweet~! I love the layered back! Haha.. #3 Top of the list i think... ;D though to achieve the LOOK would mean plastic surgery. #4 Hmm.. difficult to reproduce it like everyday - PLUS have to think of my rate of hair growth (T.T) #5 LOL... I would love this haircut but it's a bit spur-of-the-moment thingy! XD Cheers!

RAVE POST

So many things to thank God for! Sometimes during CG though, i'll be like, eh i know i have something to share but what(?!?!) during testimony time. Lol.. ok, just a list cos it's 0133 and there's church this morning (YEA!) so a bit 'seh~' (my new word =D) 1. God as in, not in the 'ya must put God first in everything so yea, here it is, evidence. gr.' but really, this year's emerge, with Pst's Sermon on the Mount series preparing the way, it really did it. And the fact that God pursues us with His love, even surrounding non-believers with his common grace, so that whether most believe in God or not they will still be able to live life successfully. The evidence is all there. Forgot to pray? yea, but He still shows up. I finally feel like I'm starting to see colors, breathe fresher air, move more freely.. and like the song; Better than the riches of this world, Better than the sound of my friends' voices, Better than the biggest dreams of my h...