Skip to main content

gogogo

Ok, finally warmed up to 2010 (Jan's over..?!)...

Teach us to make the most of our time...and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful!
-Psalm 90:12, 17

I think, what with considering Aunt Angie's life testimony, and turning 22 soon, and spending some time listening to my younger cousin talking about his 16 years' worth of life philosophy... 2010's the year where I want to breakthrough!

Somehow it feels like the last few years I've been wanting to want the vision of God for my life and that's all I've been doing. It's really encouraging to flip open a book, and have these words jump out at you:

'The desire of most people is to live a life that counts. This is a right and godly aspiration. It's was Moses' request in the above prayer. He began by asking for wisdom to make the most of time...The fact that [the phrase, "make our efforts successful"] was repeated twice in Scripture shows it is not only God's will for us to succeed, but He is passionate about it. He is the one who has placed emphasis on it.'

'We were created to be successful. God wants our life to be significant! It was God's desire first, not ours. He makes this known throughout Scripture."

"In order for you to build a life of eternal significance, you must do it through godly wisdom, and that is what this message is all about."

- Driven by Eternity, by John Bevere

When Jean & I were encouraging our cousin who's entering JC soon, I was silenced by how much I could apply the same words of encouragement to myself. "Aim high; don't be scared of failing; you can do it."

Yup, now's the time to receive and say, Yes, Amen! & just do it.

Comments

Thrilled to know "Driven by Eternity" is blessing you! We're honored to be serving alongside you...

Visit our blog @ www.MessengerInternational.blogspot.com!

Popular posts from this blog

on mountains and perspective

Kept awake by a bout of traveler's diarrhea and the ensuing abdominal colic. Just been back from an attempt at Mount Kinabalu, 'highest mountain in Southeast Asia'. Okay, those apostrophes are there out of bitterness... it really is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia. And I couldn't even attempt the summit. Made it to the base camp at 3067 m though... that's what it says on my black-and-white certificate - colored ones are only for successful summit-ers.  Crrr! But I made it back with my life. And I'm humbler for the attempt, though how could I resist the parting shot: "I'll be back!"? But on a more serious note, it's an awesome thing, a beautiful gift to be able to get out there into as natural a surrounding you can get (without dying a slow tv-less death from cold, altitude sickness, projectile vomit and did I mention cold?). It truly seems like one never can be happy - despite all my first-world comforts, I'd gladly pay to painf...

cut the hair!

Need to cut my hair before CNY! ;) been getting really unruly these days - can recall my last hairstylist's scandalized look when I told him i haven't gone to a salon for 3 months! XD Lol.. Polling the audience! XD (give me a hand here!) #1 Lol... dun have her neck. OR the length of hair come to think of it. #2 Sweet~! I love the layered back! Haha.. #3 Top of the list i think... ;D though to achieve the LOOK would mean plastic surgery. #4 Hmm.. difficult to reproduce it like everyday - PLUS have to think of my rate of hair growth (T.T) #5 LOL... I would love this haircut but it's a bit spur-of-the-moment thingy! XD Cheers!

RAVE POST

So many things to thank God for! Sometimes during CG though, i'll be like, eh i know i have something to share but what(?!?!) during testimony time. Lol.. ok, just a list cos it's 0133 and there's church this morning (YEA!) so a bit 'seh~' (my new word =D) 1. God as in, not in the 'ya must put God first in everything so yea, here it is, evidence. gr.' but really, this year's emerge, with Pst's Sermon on the Mount series preparing the way, it really did it. And the fact that God pursues us with His love, even surrounding non-believers with his common grace, so that whether most believe in God or not they will still be able to live life successfully. The evidence is all there. Forgot to pray? yea, but He still shows up. I finally feel like I'm starting to see colors, breathe fresher air, move more freely.. and like the song; Better than the riches of this world, Better than the sound of my friends' voices, Better than the biggest dreams of my h...