Skip to main content

wondering about Singapore

we were talking about race and class issues in soci tutorial the other day and for once, sociology had a practical application for me. to help me understand the frustration that i feel, has a basis and explanation.

i think, beyond my own tendencies to be over-conservative, there are totally decent reasons why we can afford to be more classless and raceless. One: God is. Second, it's hard to reconcile racist jokes and the fact that you have friends and people you like who are of those races. i was totally convicted that i still held a lot of views that i wouldn't want to be on the other side of.

Pastor really drummed the message in this week -preach it Pastor! Thank God that He is able to do a work in me, regardless of my narrow-mindedness and stubbornness. I know there's a lot of views I've to change, but I'm glad that I'm on the way. That I'm in a church that will be committed to transform lives and mindsets, that we'd actively be on the way to emulate Jesus, means more than I can say right now.

And that is why I give. and will continue to give. because if my God is real, then He will provide. and if my God is real, then I've no basis not to believe 100% with my actions. And i guess, beyond that, I can't explain why else we'd fly against human logic, to give in a time of economic crisis. But boy does it feel good to be part of something greater than myself =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

on mountains and perspective

Kept awake by a bout of traveler's diarrhea and the ensuing abdominal colic. Just been back from an attempt at Mount Kinabalu, 'highest mountain in Southeast Asia'. Okay, those apostrophes are there out of bitterness... it really is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia. And I couldn't even attempt the summit. Made it to the base camp at 3067 m though... that's what it says on my black-and-white certificate - colored ones are only for successful summit-ers.  Crrr! But I made it back with my life. And I'm humbler for the attempt, though how could I resist the parting shot: "I'll be back!"? But on a more serious note, it's an awesome thing, a beautiful gift to be able to get out there into as natural a surrounding you can get (without dying a slow tv-less death from cold, altitude sickness, projectile vomit and did I mention cold?). It truly seems like one never can be happy - despite all my first-world comforts, I'd gladly pay to painf...

cut the hair!

Need to cut my hair before CNY! ;) been getting really unruly these days - can recall my last hairstylist's scandalized look when I told him i haven't gone to a salon for 3 months! XD Lol.. Polling the audience! XD (give me a hand here!) #1 Lol... dun have her neck. OR the length of hair come to think of it. #2 Sweet~! I love the layered back! Haha.. #3 Top of the list i think... ;D though to achieve the LOOK would mean plastic surgery. #4 Hmm.. difficult to reproduce it like everyday - PLUS have to think of my rate of hair growth (T.T) #5 LOL... I would love this haircut but it's a bit spur-of-the-moment thingy! XD Cheers!

RAVE POST

So many things to thank God for! Sometimes during CG though, i'll be like, eh i know i have something to share but what(?!?!) during testimony time. Lol.. ok, just a list cos it's 0133 and there's church this morning (YEA!) so a bit 'seh~' (my new word =D) 1. God as in, not in the 'ya must put God first in everything so yea, here it is, evidence. gr.' but really, this year's emerge, with Pst's Sermon on the Mount series preparing the way, it really did it. And the fact that God pursues us with His love, even surrounding non-believers with his common grace, so that whether most believe in God or not they will still be able to live life successfully. The evidence is all there. Forgot to pray? yea, but He still shows up. I finally feel like I'm starting to see colors, breathe fresher air, move more freely.. and like the song; Better than the riches of this world, Better than the sound of my friends' voices, Better than the biggest dreams of my h...