Skip to main content

Wow February

It's already Feb!

Lots of birthdays coming up. ><

Getting into the rhythm of juggling all the stuff I gotta do - but one thing i learnt is to keep assessing my priorities! It's funny how most of my time is spent at work, and in school, or even with friends when my higher priorities are my family and time with God & for sanity's sake, myself (though of course, QT is really good enough to satisfy that). Sometimes it can't be helped, but most of the times it's cos i didn't think before i committed.

Everything's a bit of a struggle this week. Then I realized that in the midst of everything that's becoming a bit overwhelming or impossible to do, I forgot to talk to God abt it. This week's really shown me how busyness & hard stuff can reveal what you truly desire. When homework piles up, when I'm mixing with different people at my workplace - i see that i desire very much to be successful by my own ability, that i like to work because of a sense of accomplishment that has nothing to do with God, and also that sometimes i want others to define myself instead of having the responsibility of deciding. I see how easy things can draw me away, make it easy to backslide even though I may go to church - but in simple things, before someone leaves, they have already backslided; in their values, in their thought-life, in their speech, in what they do when no one's looking.

Pst Ulf: 'This is what sanctification is about: becoming increasingly like Him... This nature of Jesus is the life that the Spirit conveys to us by grace.'
--> Phew~! I can't and I'm not expected to do it by myself!

In the same article: 'If the devil can keep us away from Jesus so that the cross becomes nothing more than a 'plus sign,' a bridge in an illustration or an equation that adds up, then we will lose our love and appreciation for what actually happened at Calvary.'
--> And i realised that though i know this, it doesn't stop me from blaming God for my dryness when it is I who won't stir myself up to pray and be humble enough to ask for help.

ok, off to cell group! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

on mountains and perspective

Kept awake by a bout of traveler's diarrhea and the ensuing abdominal colic. Just been back from an attempt at Mount Kinabalu, 'highest mountain in Southeast Asia'. Okay, those apostrophes are there out of bitterness... it really is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia. And I couldn't even attempt the summit. Made it to the base camp at 3067 m though... that's what it says on my black-and-white certificate - colored ones are only for successful summit-ers.  Crrr! But I made it back with my life. And I'm humbler for the attempt, though how could I resist the parting shot: "I'll be back!"? But on a more serious note, it's an awesome thing, a beautiful gift to be able to get out there into as natural a surrounding you can get (without dying a slow tv-less death from cold, altitude sickness, projectile vomit and did I mention cold?). It truly seems like one never can be happy - despite all my first-world comforts, I'd gladly pay to painf...

cut the hair!

Need to cut my hair before CNY! ;) been getting really unruly these days - can recall my last hairstylist's scandalized look when I told him i haven't gone to a salon for 3 months! XD Lol.. Polling the audience! XD (give me a hand here!) #1 Lol... dun have her neck. OR the length of hair come to think of it. #2 Sweet~! I love the layered back! Haha.. #3 Top of the list i think... ;D though to achieve the LOOK would mean plastic surgery. #4 Hmm.. difficult to reproduce it like everyday - PLUS have to think of my rate of hair growth (T.T) #5 LOL... I would love this haircut but it's a bit spur-of-the-moment thingy! XD Cheers!

RAVE POST

So many things to thank God for! Sometimes during CG though, i'll be like, eh i know i have something to share but what(?!?!) during testimony time. Lol.. ok, just a list cos it's 0133 and there's church this morning (YEA!) so a bit 'seh~' (my new word =D) 1. God as in, not in the 'ya must put God first in everything so yea, here it is, evidence. gr.' but really, this year's emerge, with Pst's Sermon on the Mount series preparing the way, it really did it. And the fact that God pursues us with His love, even surrounding non-believers with his common grace, so that whether most believe in God or not they will still be able to live life successfully. The evidence is all there. Forgot to pray? yea, but He still shows up. I finally feel like I'm starting to see colors, breathe fresher air, move more freely.. and like the song; Better than the riches of this world, Better than the sound of my friends' voices, Better than the biggest dreams of my h...