Skip to main content

2008

2008 is 2 days old but i haven't had the time to sit down & do some introspection. No resolutions, no goals - not yet. XD ok, maybe a short-term one right now would be to 'stop coughing like an old woman' so I can huff & puff more constructively at the park or something.

Whining aside, today's been my 2nd day training at the airport store. =) Think Bruce Almighty's 'Good, good'. Really wanna thank God for favor in the sense that He's totally brought so many new people in my life, tt have a purpose, a direction, maturity beyond their years, & a really cool personality. It reminds me a little of cell group, when i think of the training we go through. Of course, instead of having the effect of replacing the role of my churchmates in my life (which is quite impossible despite e problems we still have), I've really seen how much my years in this church has molded me.

Sometimes i get pressured by the thinking that 'i'm unique, celebrate the difference!', which is what God thinks of every individual & yet heaps the responsibility of my own future on me. Every decision suddenly is life-changing. But i've realized thru training & being placed in circumstances where u either swim or drown, that my years of just being in church & subtly being influenced and shaped by the values, that to be truthful, i can no longer say that I'm average or normal, but that while there's nothing special abt me, there's something I can always bring into everything I do. That no one else can.

It's one thing to be tired, it's another thing to let your shoulders slump, let your emotions loose, & allow yourself to blow things up by sighing & getting frustrated over the long ride home, ending class late, having to go back for another day of training etc. Seriously, there's so many things to get upset over!

But thank God, that when I'm just there, not trying to be more than I am - that the Holy Spirit is truly the one within that keeps me from being less than who I am. I guess that is the strength that we always hear ppl thanking God for - that inexplicable sustenance that keeps the smile coming easily, the heart soft to encourage others in spite of circumstances, the ability of the will to keep deciding that things will work out fine...

2008 - God, let this be YOUR year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There must be more than this Oh breath of God come breathe within There must be more than this Spirit of God we wait on You Fill us anew we pray Fill us anew we pray Consuming fire fan into flame A passion for Your name Spirit of God won't You fall in this place Lord have your way Lord have your way in us Stir it up in our hearts Lord Stir it up in our hearts Lord Stir it up in our hearts Lord a passion for your name As Sy Rogers said today, there are things we can look back on, our memorial stones, that encourage us and give us strength to move forward. I rmb a time I was so far away and so tired of people in general, cos really it's relationships that really get me down - n when Jean would walk in on me crying or just sitting and not even having the energy to do stuff, she would listen n say 'just cry out to God alright?' and that would be the last thing i wanted to hear. sometimes you know what to do, and you know what the advice will be, but when the emotions are n

beauty and the beast

Best movie ever! I admit, I was totally sceptical at what I thought was another attempt to spoil a good thing. But musicals... haven't regretted watching a single one, from Chicago, Burlesque, Les Miserables (though I only found out it was fully a musical midway)! We live and we learn :) Ok, here's how good it was. I went back to watch it a second time. Hee. It's definitely one of those movies to watch alone - so you can cry at all the odd moments. I gather from the odd chuckles and silences from my fellow movie-watchers, that we were all touched by the movie in one way or the other. None of us wanted to live till we saw the end of the credits. You have to leave immediately when the lights come on though, so you can go remove any traces of the tear tracks. Loved Belle for being both feisty and just lovely. Emma Watson, you danced beautifully; I was half-in-love with you myself! And of course Beast and the eye-rolling, bumbling-ness of him. The best of it all was t

on mountains and perspective

Kept awake by a bout of traveler's diarrhea and the ensuing abdominal colic. Just been back from an attempt at Mount Kinabalu, 'highest mountain in Southeast Asia'. Okay, those apostrophes are there out of bitterness... it really is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia. And I couldn't even attempt the summit. Made it to the base camp at 3067 m though... that's what it says on my black-and-white certificate - colored ones are only for successful summit-ers.  Crrr! But I made it back with my life. And I'm humbler for the attempt, though how could I resist the parting shot: "I'll be back!"? But on a more serious note, it's an awesome thing, a beautiful gift to be able to get out there into as natural a surrounding you can get (without dying a slow tv-less death from cold, altitude sickness, projectile vomit and did I mention cold?). It truly seems like one never can be happy - despite all my first-world comforts, I'd gladly pay to painf