Skip to main content

Love is in the air...?

(3:0.) hmm.. feels like the season of BGRs, whether fulfilled, in the making or preconceived. Lol... my eyes almost fell out of my head when I saw the cover of Harvest Times. I was like, 'Whoa, Pst! Very sharp!' But then, that's after his dramatic telling of the 'Please stop match-making me... the person I want... is you!' thing... I wonder if he's behind it!


Heh.. I've always been one of the youngsters chuckling behind my hand when Pst made those jokes about those singles who were 'feeling the urge to merge'. Now, with my 20th birthday just, (egads) around the corner, I'm suddenly looking around and seeing that I am now in that category of singles! (joanne clutches at cheeks & looks for a way out)


Lol.. I can frankly say that I'm feeling the pressure. Not just because people I know are beginning to pair up, or coming to me to confide about their ex-es, but because of the whole stereotype of us being now of marriageable age, and therefore naturally scouting the market for our better half. Humph.


I can imagine Michelle's bemused expression already. I don't really know how to convey this. Lol, it's not as if I haven't had my share of high-school crushes (notice I'm not even attempting to look back on those embarrassing memories). Nor do I NOT believe in love ever happening to anyone. I do find myself smiling at families, children, sweet-meant-to-be-not-all-over-each-other-in-public couples... but for the life of me I cannot picture myself ever behaving that way to any guy!(!!) nope... still no.. eew.


I guess one of the only examples I can use to illustrate my point is this: when I was on the brink of entering university, it was pretty surreal how all our years of mugging-then-forgetting-everything-once-the-papers-are-over must suddenly count for knowledge needed in our future careers. Future being IN-4-YEARS. It was like, after so many years of being a student in a uniform being told when and how to answer my exam questions, I couldn't really fathom how I'm supposed to suddenly fit into this independent, i-know-where-i'm-headed-and-how-to-get-there university student mold. Much less be an engineer that knows how to solve every problem given to him... WITH NO ANSWER BOOKLET!!! Haha... as nerdy as this paints me, this is the only way I know how to explain how I feel.


Though of course one always knows what she is looking for in a guy la:


1. doesn't talk about himself 24/7

2. makes sure everyone feels included and comfortable around him

3. doesn't mind looking stupid

4. cracks me up even when not trying

5. resourceful

6. doesn't think laundry is a woman's job (*whack the head then u know... T.T) (Note: 'laundry' being a general word to cover all sorts of household chores.)

7. GENTLEMANLY (please God.)

8. knows how to treat the elderly and children --- which is, say it with me, KINDLY, decently, politely, caringly, considerately etc.

9. is OK with treating girls as his intellectual peers (*ahem)

10. can have a normal friendship with girls without thinking of the possibility of hooking up with them (*AHEM)

11. knows himself enough to want to improve

12. God-centred (this is by no means a ranked list!><)

13. doesn't devote his life to nintendo, playstation, xbox... did i miss out anything?

14. open & accepting about others

15. relaxed, spontaneous, doesn't try too hard or too little


at this point, i realize it's a bit much to want all this. i haven't met a guy like that, or a girl, nor am i one either. ah well. maybe i'll pin this up under guidelines. ;D


Yea... i guess what i really wanna say is: jia you girls. there are some things that when adviced to 'lift it up to God', need to be obeyed. And this is probably the first after spiritual doubts n family crisis. somehow, i not only get this peace from God, but this impression of a half-smile. Humph. ><


I need someone to acknowledge my position of half-in-half-out-ness instead of laughing n thinking to oneself: 'give her a few more months & we'll see about that!' Heehee.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hahaha. i wasnt even having any expression! (i checked when i saw that sentence!)

- mic
Anonymous said…
hey jo. I'm sure you're doing the right thing. No matter what others say and your thots and notions on BGR, God will show you what you need to know IN HIS TIME. =) trust in His perfect timing.



<3jang
SEAN said…
lol.. just dun be as desperate as jingxuan :X
Anonymous said…
acknowledged. =) at present i'm in a nihilistic love mood tt tells me i'll be a career woman tt never gets married but yar, no meat lost. =P

Popular posts from this blog

There must be more than this Oh breath of God come breathe within There must be more than this Spirit of God we wait on You Fill us anew we pray Fill us anew we pray Consuming fire fan into flame A passion for Your name Spirit of God won't You fall in this place Lord have your way Lord have your way in us Stir it up in our hearts Lord Stir it up in our hearts Lord Stir it up in our hearts Lord a passion for your name As Sy Rogers said today, there are things we can look back on, our memorial stones, that encourage us and give us strength to move forward. I rmb a time I was so far away and so tired of people in general, cos really it's relationships that really get me down - n when Jean would walk in on me crying or just sitting and not even having the energy to do stuff, she would listen n say 'just cry out to God alright?' and that would be the last thing i wanted to hear. sometimes you know what to do, and you know what the advice will be, but when the emotions are n

beauty and the beast

Best movie ever! I admit, I was totally sceptical at what I thought was another attempt to spoil a good thing. But musicals... haven't regretted watching a single one, from Chicago, Burlesque, Les Miserables (though I only found out it was fully a musical midway)! We live and we learn :) Ok, here's how good it was. I went back to watch it a second time. Hee. It's definitely one of those movies to watch alone - so you can cry at all the odd moments. I gather from the odd chuckles and silences from my fellow movie-watchers, that we were all touched by the movie in one way or the other. None of us wanted to live till we saw the end of the credits. You have to leave immediately when the lights come on though, so you can go remove any traces of the tear tracks. Loved Belle for being both feisty and just lovely. Emma Watson, you danced beautifully; I was half-in-love with you myself! And of course Beast and the eye-rolling, bumbling-ness of him. The best of it all was t

on mountains and perspective

Kept awake by a bout of traveler's diarrhea and the ensuing abdominal colic. Just been back from an attempt at Mount Kinabalu, 'highest mountain in Southeast Asia'. Okay, those apostrophes are there out of bitterness... it really is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia. And I couldn't even attempt the summit. Made it to the base camp at 3067 m though... that's what it says on my black-and-white certificate - colored ones are only for successful summit-ers.  Crrr! But I made it back with my life. And I'm humbler for the attempt, though how could I resist the parting shot: "I'll be back!"? But on a more serious note, it's an awesome thing, a beautiful gift to be able to get out there into as natural a surrounding you can get (without dying a slow tv-less death from cold, altitude sickness, projectile vomit and did I mention cold?). It truly seems like one never can be happy - despite all my first-world comforts, I'd gladly pay to painf