Skip to main content

working

Sorry guys - I'm not gonna be very available to hang out & chill for a while! Good news though, it's only because of this brief period of adapting to work & school.

Counting the cost:
- family time
- solitude
- physical tiredness
- lower committment to ministry & CCA
- fellowship

I can't confidently say 'don't worry guys, i'm willing to pay the price, i'll be there' because even before work has begun, i've been rescheduling, not showing up for and cancelling stuff. Though it's through no fault of my own, but the minimum 20 hrs of working a wk is gonna take a toll on certain things I know. I'm only praying that in the short, (quality XD) time that I have to spend w ppl important to me, I'll be able to carry a good attitude. But if not, I know u guys will support me & watch over me in prayer - yea? Haha..

Yea.. in 14 hrs, I've learnt how to
- clean, bus the area, sanitize dishes, restock cutlery etc.
- customer service, sampling
- brewed coffee & tea
- blended beverages
- beverage communication (ice, tall, no whipped, mocha frappuccino blended coffee - WITH a twang)
- cup marking
- hot/ice beverages
- food handling

Believe me.. no joke! >< the beverage communication esp.. which reminds me, i've homework & QT & sleep! Signing off.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Can I get a Toffee Nut latte, grande, whipped, extra shot? On the house, right? Thanks! haha.

Popular posts from this blog

on mountains and perspective

Kept awake by a bout of traveler's diarrhea and the ensuing abdominal colic. Just been back from an attempt at Mount Kinabalu, 'highest mountain in Southeast Asia'. Okay, those apostrophes are there out of bitterness... it really is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia. And I couldn't even attempt the summit. Made it to the base camp at 3067 m though... that's what it says on my black-and-white certificate - colored ones are only for successful summit-ers.  Crrr! But I made it back with my life. And I'm humbler for the attempt, though how could I resist the parting shot: "I'll be back!"? But on a more serious note, it's an awesome thing, a beautiful gift to be able to get out there into as natural a surrounding you can get (without dying a slow tv-less death from cold, altitude sickness, projectile vomit and did I mention cold?). It truly seems like one never can be happy - despite all my first-world comforts, I'd gladly pay to painf...

cut the hair!

Need to cut my hair before CNY! ;) been getting really unruly these days - can recall my last hairstylist's scandalized look when I told him i haven't gone to a salon for 3 months! XD Lol.. Polling the audience! XD (give me a hand here!) #1 Lol... dun have her neck. OR the length of hair come to think of it. #2 Sweet~! I love the layered back! Haha.. #3 Top of the list i think... ;D though to achieve the LOOK would mean plastic surgery. #4 Hmm.. difficult to reproduce it like everyday - PLUS have to think of my rate of hair growth (T.T) #5 LOL... I would love this haircut but it's a bit spur-of-the-moment thingy! XD Cheers!

RAVE POST

So many things to thank God for! Sometimes during CG though, i'll be like, eh i know i have something to share but what(?!?!) during testimony time. Lol.. ok, just a list cos it's 0133 and there's church this morning (YEA!) so a bit 'seh~' (my new word =D) 1. God as in, not in the 'ya must put God first in everything so yea, here it is, evidence. gr.' but really, this year's emerge, with Pst's Sermon on the Mount series preparing the way, it really did it. And the fact that God pursues us with His love, even surrounding non-believers with his common grace, so that whether most believe in God or not they will still be able to live life successfully. The evidence is all there. Forgot to pray? yea, but He still shows up. I finally feel like I'm starting to see colors, breathe fresher air, move more freely.. and like the song; Better than the riches of this world, Better than the sound of my friends' voices, Better than the biggest dreams of my h...